Having been in the web development industry for over 11 years it is clear that there are still many businesses and organisations that are still being charged considerable sums to get themselves online. We are often being asked by referred clients to help them take control of their web presence, often complaining that:
- They can't access their site and often wait months for changes to be made
- The company they paid thousands of pounds in advance to have gone to the wall leaving them out of pocket
- They have no idea how the internet works and blindly pay large invoices because they are frightened of the consequences if they don't
- They are held to ransom by unscrupulous web developers who won't release their clients site and domain name, often shutting websites down until invoices in dispute are paid
- We had a friend doing the site but he's got bored with it and we don't know what to do
Then you have the clients who already have a website but the developer has left the industry leaving the client to manage a hosting account not knowing what to do and how to deal with issues that arise. Then they have to deal with a faceless support system. Even our managing director has been at the mercy of a UK hosting company who moved their hosting without warning to Amsterdam and then deleted the account and provided part refund when he complained.
The point is if you don't know the industry, and even if you do, you can be at the mercy of rogues and that is what we despise and that is the reason for this web site and our service we now offer.